Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's been a while!

Hey there! 

I'm back from my internet-less vacation, and I must admit I am slightly, er, highly addicted to technology, specifically internet. It was somewhat torturous once I used all of my data on my cell phone. However, what's past is past and now I have internet again and can once again blog to my hearts content! 

Update: 

We FINALLY got power, and the apartment is a balmy 76 degrees. :)


I'm trying to decide what to write about... This week has been an interesting roller coaster of fun. Learning a new city, and unpack boxes upon boxes to make this new place our home. I say that last part with utter excitement... 'Our Home' couldn't be a more truthful description of this new apartment. Scott and I have been living together for about a year now, but this is the first time it's really felt like our's. We're shopping for furniture together, spending time together before he goes to work and really just making an effort to make this place look and feel nice and homey, and that feeling is amazing. I cannot wait until we finally have a couch, and have all the boxes unpacked!

So I have been taking pictures of all the restaurants we've been eating at, and this post I want to discuss. This is especially great if you are going to be in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area and want some recommendations!



1. Sidetrack Bar and Grill              http://www.sidetrackbarandgrill.com/
    • We went here on our first night out with my parents and some of Scott's family. This place was hopping, literally full of people. They had a number of accolades and a typical burger and fry menu.
    • Food took a long time to come out, but that was probably because it was a packed house that night. As a result, the food was slightly cold by the time it got to us, but it was delicious.
    • Cool Extra: You can season your french fries special! They were yummy!



2. The Bomber Restaurant                                 http://www.bomberrestaurant.net/
    • This little hole in the wall was known for their 'Bomber Breakfast', a whopping meal with 4 eggs, 1 pound of break fast meat and 1 pound of hashbrowns... What do you know, Scott had to take on this challenge. 


    • I looooved the hashbrowns! The flavor was amazing, and I cannot wait to come back here! 


3. Aubree's Pizzeria and Grill                 http://www.aubrees.com/
    • As you can see we got a deep dish meat lovers pizza and it was amazing. The cheese bread is yummy and our waitress was really nice and accommodating
    • Cool Extra: Flavor your pizza crust!! OMG Delicious and awesome. We got ours half and half because it wasn't that busy on a Sunday at 5pm, but sooo good.  




There you have it... Three places to try in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area. Enjoy!

~Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment