Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Goals for the next School Year!!!



Okay, so I have been pestering and pestering Amy to make a post on here... maybe she doesn't have anything on her mind, or maybe she's just busy... I know she just started a new job and that can be taxing... not to mention celebrating her 24th birthday last week. So we'll give her a break and just know she'll post on here soon!

Today I wanted to go over some goals I have for myself for this next school year. New school, new impressions, new jobs. As a graduate student, I want to put my best foot forward, presenting myself professionally, and practically. I'm going to be teaching some undergraduate course, and I don't want to look like a student, but like an adult. Therefore, my goals will be formed for that purpose as well as some others!


  • Dress with poise - During my time at Miami, I gradually became more and more lazy about my clothing choices. I'd rock the sweatpants and yoga pants, and hoodies all day everyday. This is not the image I'd like to portray. I want to look nice all the time, so that is my first goal for the upcoming school year... Plus, when you look good, you feel good too!
  • Really Push Myself - My ultimate educational goal  is to get my PhD in Clinical Psychology. In order to do that, I need to work harder than ever before. Really pushing myself to do the work. I was moderately successful in my undergraduate, with a B average or so, but I know that if I had read and studied, I could have gotten better grades, and been more successful. I am aware of my capabilities, and I need to do the best. Not better, but the best. I need to work hard in research, get some things published, complete a master's thesis, and be a student that all the professors want to teach. That is who I need to be, and who I can be.
  • Be Healthier - This goes along with how I dress, when I gained weight, I avoided the jeans for the comfy yoga pants because they fit better, but no more. I'll rock the cutest jeans, and look better when I'm healthier. Plus, if I get engaged in the next year, I'll need to be on a good start so I look amazing in those photos and that white dress. 
  • Have a Schedule - I love a set schedule, and I had one all through college, but I'm talking about sleeping at the same time every night, going to bed relatively early, which will be easier since Scott is going to be waking up super early. But if I wake up early enough, I can go to the gym in the apartment complex before class, and feel refreshed. I want to pack my lunches and make dinner on the nights that I'm home before 8pm. 

Those are the biggest goals for me. I just need to be the person I know I can be... and the person I know I am inside. Sometimes I just get lazy, and things that should be important fall between the cracks because there are other things I need to do, more than the things I want to do... well I'm making this a priority and not just a want, but a need for a better life!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment